Do I qualify?

To qualify for Keep My Tennessee Home funds you must:

  • Be unemployed, underemployed (a 30% or more reduction in pay), have gone through a divorce, lost a spouse, or have been awarded long-term disability since January 1, 2008
  • *New* OR, have been an active duty service personnel at any time subsequent to January 1, 2001
  • Have a mortgage for a single-family home or condominium in Tennessee – must be your primary residence that you occupy
  • Have no more than six months’ reserves of liquid assets (mortgage principal, interest, taxes and insurance)
  • Earn a household income less than $92,680
  • Have a total unpaid principal balance no more than $275,000

Will I owe this money back?

The money received from Keep My Tennessee Home is a “forgivable” loan. That is, the loan amount will reduce by 20% per year for every year the borrower stays in the home up until five years. At the end of five years, the note will be considered satisfied and you will not owe that money back.

What’s the next step?

If you meet these qualifications, or think you might, the next step is to click here to get started.